Friday, May 6, 2011

Things to come.

So if you've landed here you must be looking for info on this magnificent bike. Stay tuned! I'm picking one up on the other side of the state tomorrow for a rather cheap price and will be using this blog as a way to document the processes of bringing it back to life (been parked for a while and supposedly has an oil leak around the head gasket). She looks rough now, but I'm gonna see what I can do to make her a respectable little bike.

Some back info...I've got a professional electronics background (I'm a computer geek now). I've got about 16 years of shade tree mechanic experience...everything from brake jobs and oil changes to full engine rebuilds and even an auto trans rebuild under my belt. What I DON'T have...is any form of motorcycle experience. This is going to be my first. I figure what better way to gain a full respect for your bike then to be the one that builds it. I do hope my experiences here will inspire someone else to do the same, or possibly help someone along the way with a problem they are having.

You should of course feel free to comment (please do!! I've got a great deal of respect for other peoples opinions...even if they are about 90% dumb unless they agree with me :-D just kidding). Fact of the matter is, I'll be figuring a lot out by reading other peoples experiences and going through my own trial and error.

I'll post before and after pics of pretty much everything (I'm also a photographer so...you aren't gonna be able to escape me having plenty of pictures).

Enjoy the ride...I certainly hope I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment