Wednesday, May 11, 2011

R&D

That's right research and development.

Last night I spent a great deal of time stripping it down a bit further and cleaning it up a bit. It's somewhat difficult to work on a bike that makes you sneeze every time you move it for the sake of all the dust and dirt flying around. Upon cleaning it up...I was quite pleased to find that the frame is in great shape (a few very small rust spots...nothing cancerous). Pictures to come...left my camera here at work last night...

I'm planning on spending some time tonight trying to pull everything I can away from the motor in preparation for the up coming pull (buddy of mine is off work tomorrow night...keeping my fingers crossed that its coming out then).

Now...on to the R&D. I've spent a few hours searching different products to remove rust from chrome without leaving swirls all over it. While I was pleased to find quite a few things existed that apparently can do the job well...I was displeased to find that ALL of them have to be ordered online as none of them are readily available in stores (damn it). So...

If tomorrow's engine pull is as quick and mostly painless as I expect/really really hope it will be...I hope to begin testing a few hybrids of some ideas I've read about today. Naturally pictures and better details will be had by all...for now lets just say a trip to the grocery store, hardware store, and possibly the laundry mat will be in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment